What our life would be like without pre-workout?! That feeling when the last scoop goes down.....
So, let's see what are the common ingredients that we need so much to get us through our workout:
1. 𝐂𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞. This will give you so much needed energy boost. Also caffeine is linked to increased focus, alertness, and fast reaction. It makes you a superhero in the gym. Usually pre-workouts contain around 100-300 mg in a serving. A healthy dose is considered to be 200 mg. ❗Remember your daily caffeine intake SHOULDN'T be higher than 400 mg.
2. 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞. THERE ARE NO SIDE EFFECTS OF CREATINE SUPPLEMENTATION. Creatine is made by your body and plays a huge part in energy production (making ATPs). Adding 5 gr of creatine will help you produce more energy during your workouts, which will support your muscle growth short- and long-term. More energy, increased performance and muscle mass. I mean it's like a magic powder. 💫
3. 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐚-𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. Your body makes that stuff too, but it's not a bad decision to supplement with it. It helps produce CARNOSINE, which buffers the acidity in the muscles when you workout, which delays its fatigue, which increases your performance, which will help you get two more reps, which are so crucial for muscle hypertrophy, which we all want right?!
4. 𝐋-𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. In charge of the PUMP. It turns into L-arginine real quick to increase the blood flow during our workout to get blood pumping into the right spot to take that gym selfie after you're done.
5. 𝐁𝐂𝐀𝐀, which according to a lot of research is completely useless, but it's a good thing to have in your pre-workout i guess 🤷♀️
Anyway, these are the top ingredients that you will find in almost all the pre-workout products out there. It does help you perform better in the gym, get more reps and sets done, and leave the gym proud of the workout you've had 💪 so if you don't use any, definitely get your hands on it.